Like other messaging apps, Telegram also allows users to hide their last seen status to keep it private. Plus, there are tons of options like last seen from all or some of the people in your contacts! This prevents people from checking your online status.
If you are still learning, read this article to understand how to hide last seen status on Telegram using your iPhone, Android and Desktop!
How to Hide Your Last Seen Status on iOS Telegram App
- Open Wire,
- tap Adjustment bottom right.
- go for Privacy & Security → Last Seen and Online.
- Choose None To hide your last seen position.
You can also choose My Contacts to hide your last seen from people other than your contacts.
pay attention: The process remains the same for all devices, including Android and desktop, except that Adjustment Option. If you don’t look below it, you will find hamburger menu (three-line icon) in the top left. tap it and go Adjustment,
However, if you only want to hide your last seen from specific people or show a specific group instead of all your contacts, you can easily do that! Read on to know more.
How to hide last seen status for specific people on Telegram
if you have chosen None In the previous step, you will be allowed to use the feature called always share, This will allow you to select the people who can see you last. if you have chosen all the people or my contacts, You’ll see never share with Option. This will allow you to select people who can never see your last seen status.
To select specific people, follow these steps.
- Open Wire → Tap Adjustment bottom right.
- go for Privacy & Security Last Seen and OnlineI.
- Select the appropriate option under who can see my timestamp
I selected every,
- Scroll down and tap never share with,
- Kill Add user And select the people you want to blacklist.
However, there is a catch! Read on to know more.
What if you hide your last seen status?
Telegram doesn’t completely hide your last seen status like WhatsApp. If you’ve hidden your last seen status from someone, they can still receive the following last seen updates from you:
- recently: You were online on telegram less than 3 days ago.
- Within a week: You were online on telegram 3 to 7 days ago.
- within a month: You were online on Telegram last month, but not last week.
- Long time ago: You were not online on Telegram for the past one month.
and that is all!
You can use these steps to hide your last seen from everyone or only from certain people. One downside of Telegram is that it gives broad updates about your last online status, despite hiding your last seen. For added privacy, you may want to enable two-factor authentication on Telegram.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below!