Did your iPhone contacts suddenly disappear? Sadly there is no built-in option to recover your deleted iPhone contacts in iPhone! However, there are some tips to save you the hard work and heartbreak. You can recover your iPhone contacts via iCloud, Mac or PC, third-party tools, and Gmail backup. Read on to find out how!
- Retrieve Deleted Contacts on iPhone via Other Apple Devices
- Restore Contacts via iCloud
- restore contacts via gmail
- Recover Deleted Contacts from Settings Using iCloud
- Restore iPhone from iTunes or Finder Backup
- Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup
- Recover iPhone Contacts Using Third-Party Tool
1. Retrieve Deleted Contacts on iPhone via Other Apple Devices
If you use other Apple devices besides iPhone, I bet you use iCloud to save your contacts. Now, if you have deleted a contact on your iPhone, it will obviously be deleted from other devices as well, with the only condition being that those devices are connected to the internet.
So, even if your iPad, MacBook, etc. are not connected to the Internet, they still have these contacts, and you can recover deleted contacts from your iPhone. Just go to Contacts on your other Mac or iPad, and there you have it!
If this doesn’t work for you, move on to the next step!
Apple has already implemented a way to recover your deleted contacts from your iPhone. However, you will need a Mac or a Windows PC.
- meeting iCloud And sign in Using Apple ID on your iPhone.
- Click account settings,
- Click restore contact on the lower left corner.
- Now, choose the most recent icloud backup,
- choosing restore To confirm your selection and done.
You will receive an email and a notification on iCloud after the process is complete.
We all know that Google backs up our contacts through our email IDs. If you have synced contacts with Gmail then getting them back is not a difficult task. All you need is your iPhone to restore these contacts.
- open Adjustment on your iPhone.
- go for Match,
- Tap Accounts choose more Email address You have synced contacts.
- Now, toggle Contact,
Synced contacts will now be available in your Contacts app.
4. Recover Deleted Contacts from Settings Using iCloud
The success of this method is subject to the possibility of your Internet being disconnected when you delete the contact. Follow the steps given below:
- avoid starting Wi-Fi either mobile data,
- open Adjustment tap more Apple ID Banner on top.
- choosing iCloud → toggle off Contact,
- choosing stay on my iphone in pop-up.
- turn on Wi-Fi either mobile data,
- toggle Contact,
- Tap Sickness in the next option.
If this method doesn’t help to restore your contacts, the next step will certainly do.
5. Restore iPhone from iTunes or Finder Backup
This method has a certain drawback, which will lead to data loss. Read the example given below to understand it better.
Let’s say you have 200 photos and 300 contacts on your iPhone on July 9th. You make a full backup of the device. This backup contains 200 pictures and 300 contacts.
Now, on July 11th, you have 210 photos and 303 contacts. If today you restore from a backup made on July 9th, you will lose 10 pictures and 3 contacts that were added since then. If you are in dire need of a deleted contact, read how you can recover lost contacts on iPhone via iTunes or Finder backup.
- Before restoring, archive the old backup.
- Create a new backup.
- Restore from old archived backup. If you can’t find the contact, you can restore it from today’s backup.
6. Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup
Restoring iPhone from iCloud backup has the same drawback as restoring iPhone through iTunes or Finder. First, check the latest backup time from Settings.
- open Adjustment
- tap apple id banner is located at the top.
- choosing iCloud,
- Tap icloud backup and now check the time last successful backup,
If the backup is old enough to have a deleted contact, follow our guide to restore it from an iCloud backup.
The last option you have to get contacts back on your iPhone is through third-party apps. Below are some apps that you can try to retrieve deleted contacts on your iPhone without backup.
and that is all!
Let us know in the comments below if this article helped you recover your deleted contacts on iPhone and which method works better for you!