Taking screenshots has become an important part of our life. So it is very annoying when screenshots stop working on your iPhone and iPad.
This could be due to a software glitch, or it could be that one of the buttons got stuck. Do not worry! I have listed all the possible ways to get your screenshot up and working again.
Comment: Before moving on to the steps, look inside the Photos app after taking a screenshot, as muted iPhones or internal bugs can prevent screenshot previews/thumbnails.
- Force restart your iPhone
- use assistive touch
- Use 3D Touch
- Update iOS to the Latest Version
- Factory reset your iPhone
1. Force restart your iPhone
A quick way to resolve any temporary issues on iOS is to force restart your iPhone. Follow the instructions for your device, and check if the screenshots work again. If not, you can try an alternative method, as mentioned below.
2. Use Assistive Touch
AssistiveTouch is an accessibility feature that eliminates the use of any physical buttons on your iPhone. You can use Assistive Touch for a variety of tasks, including taking screenshots. Simply follow the steps below:
- go for Adjustment easy use Touch,
- Now, tap assistive Touch and toggle it Feather,
note: On older iOS versions, go to Adjustment Mango easy use assistive Touch and turn it on.
- tap circular button that appears on your screen and select Device,
If you take screenshots frequently, you can choose to keep Assistive Touch on, or you can disable it at any time by following the same steps above and turning it off.
3. Use 3D Touch
If you have an iPhone 6s or later, you can configure 3D Touch to take screenshots, but Assistive Touch needs to be enabled first. Simply follow these steps:
- go for Adjustment easy use Touch assistive Touch and turn it on.
- Next, choose 3D Touch below custom actions choose more screenshot,
Now, whenever you want to capture a screenshot, just touch the 3D Assistive Touch button. Of course, you can also assign the screenshot option to one of the other actions, such as single-tap, double-tap, or long-press.
4. Update iOS Version
Sometimes, if the software on your iPhone is out of date, it can cause unexpected problems like screenshot not working. So it is best to update iOS to the latest version.
To see updates, go here Adjustment Mango software update, If an update is available, tap Download and install,
5. Factory reset your iPhone
If you’ve tried all of the above steps, but iPhone screen capture still isn’t working for you, you can choose to restore your device to factory settings. This will erase all your data and settings. So make sure to back up your device.
- go for Adjustment Mango reset,
- Now, tap erase all content and settings,
if you Did not back up your deviceyou will be prompted to do so,
- enter your passcode if you have a.
You will get a warning.
- Tap delete iPhone.
- To confirm, enter your apple id password,
- It will take a few minutes for your device to wipe all your settings and data. It will then return to the setup screen that you might have seen when using your device for the first time.
You can then proceed to restore your iPhone from backup, and once done, check if the screenshots are working again.
If none of the above solutions work for you, the best thing to do is to contact Apple Support for further assistance. And if any of the solutions worked for you, do let us know in the comments below.
You may want to take a look: